Thursday, July 1, 2010

California trip for Grandpa Milt's Funeral....

Last week I was in California for a week, my Grandfather Milt Willmore past away. The ceremony was very special, lots of great stories of his many adventures and all of our family from both far and near came to show how much he is loved, it was beautiful! He was a great man that everyone looked up to and loved deeply. He will be missed greatly, but he is in heaven now where he belongs.

I am just going to warn you now......I posted a ton of pictures from our week together.



Catillina, Uncle Ronnie(he came the furthest....Brazil) and myself
The Pallbearers....


Uncle Craig, Grandma Louise and Uncle Kent
(her two sons)
Chris consoling Grandma
This was after the funeral and barriel at Uncle Ronnie's, all the family gathered together for a big dinner. It was nice to and catch up with all the family and just be in the same place for a little while.

Danielle, Aunt Robin and Missa
Aaron playing with the balloons, apparently Joyce took a class on how to make balloon animals(who knew that would have come in sooo handy!!!) lol!
Wendy admiring her newest little Grandson......Eli!


Look at all those pretty girls!!

Uncle Ronnie and his very favorite person.......ME!!!!! LOL!

Braiden with his Auntie Denise


This was a few days later, a bunch of us went down to the beach
and played in the tide pools!

Aaron had a death grip on my arm.....not sure if he thought
the stream was gonna wash him away into the ocean or what??!!!

Aaron, Grandma Wendy, Aunt Robin and Danielle

Missa and Kevin who are excepting their 1st......SOON!!! This was on the way back up to the cars and it was a kind of crazy hike, but Missa (about 8 months pregnan)t was a trooper!!

Kentina and Pat Man were playing around climbing huge brick
walls.....no big deal!!! It's funny to think these are the so called"little boys"
........NOT SO LITTLE ANYMORE!

This was the evening before I left and all the girls(Grandma, Wendy, Robin, Denise, Danielle, myself and even little Addi) went out for a more quite dinner with out all the kids to P.F. Chang's......Thanks Jason!!

I arrived home late to my husband who was extremely grateful to have me home.....cute surprise Jason.....thanks!! I love you too!!

3 comments:

The Dwelley's said...

Love the pictures. I really do wish you lived closer :( Good thing Jason works so hard so he can fly you in to see us so much. Make sure you let him know we think he is the best :)

Leslie said...

Candace,
Sorry to hear about your Grandpa! That's sad...and give your mom my condolences.
Ok..you are one FOXY mama! You look amazing...but most of all, you look happy!
Love you!
-Leslie

Tiffany J said...

I was so sorry to hear about your grandpa. My mom told me about the funeral...he was a stud! I'm glad you were able to come and be with family! Those flowers are gorgeous! Nice job Jason!