Thursday, November 6, 2008

We have puppies...


Life for us a little hecktic right now, just to fill you in. Jason is living in an apartment in Birmingham, Alabama(2 1/2 hours away) and has been for about a month and a half, he has a new store there. So our house in Chattanooga, Tennessee is on the market while I am working and staying there...by myself!!. Not the funniest thing but it's life, we are making it work! I visit often. So I decided to leave FAT Tinkerbell with him so he's not by himself and she's prego. Of course the wedding plans are still needing attention and I just took that trip to Boise to see the fam!!

Tinkerbell is the proud mommy of 6 puppies, two boys and four girls (cause girls are best!). It was interesting to say the least. On Sunday she started nesting(digging) really bad and panting lots(which mean it's in the next couple days or sooner) and I wasn't planning on coming to Birmingham until Monday morning. But I drove there later Sunday night to get everything ready just in case. On Tuesday I knew they were coming soon she just wasn't acting right so 2:30 am her water broke, first baby Bama(that's the only one we have named so far) came at about 6:30 am and about 20 minutes later a still born, then at 9:45 am after many hours of hard contractions we felt like something was wrong and took her to get a c-section. From then a couple hours later we had 5 more puppies which mean another still born. But the puppies we have our health, adorable and tiring. I get up every 2 hours to let them feed, I feel like I had my own baby(only because I am getting NO sleep, and we all know how much I like my sleep!!)





This is Tinkerbell boyfriend Rufus and the new proud daddy of 6. He is pretty cute himself!!

Look at that tongue!!
Tinkerbell was huge, I couldn't believe that she actually had 8 pups in there!! I had a nickname for her while she was pregro, fatty, fatty 2 bi-four(yes dad I am sure I spelled that wrong)!! hee hee
This was the first born "Bama." So far she's my favorite!
This is all 6 of the puppies, we got a good variety of color thanks to Rufus!

8 comments:

Kevin and Missa said...

How cute!!! I soo want one! lol... Kevin is soo anti animals!!! lol but yours look sooooo cute!! Congrats!!!

Leslie said...

That is so funny because I was just thinking about Tink and how she was doing and if she'd had her pups yet! They're so cute and she's a good mama!! That's said to hear she had 2 stillborns..but glad to hear she has 6 healthy little ones. So what's the plan for the pups once they get older? Congratulations and I miss you!!

Wendy n' Ron said...

congratulations parents! I s'pose this is good practice! Ron & Wendy
p.s.-it's hectic, funnest, 2x4

The Dwelley's said...

I'm glad you have spell check for a dad :) Cute puppies. I would love to have a puppy. But, I don't think I could do it. Taking care of a kid is hard enough and they are my own flesh and blood.

Life is for Laughing said...

Hey Candace the little puppies are very cute :) wow, you seem so busy with moving and wedding and puppies and new niece, but you guys look so happy so that is all wonderful. Are you getting so excited for your wedding??? I am so happy for you. I hope all of your preparations are going smoothly. It must be so fun to get married in another country wow... well congratulations on everything going on for you, tell Chris his kids are so cute ok talk to ya later

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! I bet they are a lot of work. Enjoy your six-tiplets!!!!!

Tiffany J said...

Candace CONGRATS on the pups! I can't believe 8 were in there?! She was a big girl but I would never have thought 8! ha ha How fun!

How are wedding plans going? I am so jealous...tropical! ah! My dream wedding! PLEASE post pictures and I'd love an announcement...I wanna send something to the happy couple!!!

Jolyn said...

OMG! Candace! You are so grown up!! I can't believe it! Visit my blog sometime. www.jolynrenee.blogspot.com. Take care-